Flaxseed gel is a nutrient packed, all natural and all purpose styler that can be used for all hair types. Here's what flaxseed gel has to offer:
Flaxseed Gel is a naturally derived product
Flaxseed gel is made from boiling flaxseeds in hot water. Once the seeds come to a rolling boil a white foam appears. Using a strainer the seeds are separated from the gel. When you use flaxseed gel you are truly using nature's nectar.
Flaxseed Gel is filled with nutrients
Ground Flaxseeds are great for you to incorporate into your diet (internal health). Some people like to add ground flaxseeds to their smoothies as a way to get all the wonderful nutrients. In addition to internally, Flaxseed Gel boosts your hair's health (external use). Flaxseed Gel contains:
- omega-3 fatty acids
- vitamin E
- vitamin B
These nutrients help to strengthen your hair while also making it easier to retain hair length and growth. Source USDA.
Flaxseed Gel can be used for ALL hair types
Whether your hair is straight, curly, coily or you have locs Flaxseed Gel is a healthy all purpose styler. It can be used to:
- smooth and mold sleek styles if your hair is naturally straight or if you prefer a sleek look
- define curls that are type 3 and type 4 - Flaxseed Gel does work for 4c hair!
- use it to re-twist and style your locs
Flaxseed Gel can be made at home
You can easily make Flaxseed Gel at home by boiling flaxseeds in water. The gel is ready to strain and separate from seeds when the mixture has come to a rolling boil and there is white foam visible.
- Store in your fridge and discard after 1 week. Being that Flaxseed Gel contains water it will be prone to mold and bacterial growth without the use of a preservative.
- The more flaxseeds that you use in your cook the firmer the hold of the gel will be.
- Flaxseed Gel can indeed get flaky. To prevent flakes from happening always apply gel to freshly washed damp hair to help distribute the product through your hair evenly and to dilute.
Pure flaxseed gel is available here
Unfortunately flaxseed gel for hair is not widely available in stores and there are some products that claim that they are a flaxseed gel but really are not.
The mainstream products are oftentimes not using actual flaxseed gel but rather flaxseed oil or an extract which is not the same. We talk more about this here.
When you shop with us, you can purchase knowing that you are getting all of the benefits that flaxseed gel offers and the gorgeous style results. We use nothing but the real stuff over here!