Where to Find Pure Flaxseed Gel for Hair
Pure flaxseed gel for hair is hard to come by and virtually nowhere to be found in stores. There are a few products on the market that claim to be flaxseed gel but upon closer examination they are likely to just have a speck of flaxseed gel in them or none at all.
What is real Flaxseed Gel?
Flaxseed Gel is made by boiling flaxseeds in water until they release an all-natural gel. The gel is then strained to separate the seeds from the gel. It has a yellow to brownish tint to depending on the type of flaxseeds used.
@reclaimyourcrown flaxseed gel is a moisturizing and curl defining all natural gel. #reclaimyourcrown #naturalhairtips #curlyhair ♬ Lazy Sunday - Official Sound Studio
Most Major Brands are Using Flaxseed Oil or Flaxseed Protein Powder
While there's nothing wrong with using Flaxseed Oil or the protein powder it is not the same as using the actual gel that is released from boiling the flaxseeds. The gel that is produced is a curl definer that tames frizz and has a whole bunch of great nutrients for your hair like Omega-3, Vitamin B, and protein.
The first 5 ingredients is what the product has the most abundance of.
If you take a look at products like Aunt Jackie's Flaxseed Gel or Eco Styler Flaxseed Gel you will find that flaxseed gel or flaxseeds is listed pretty low on their ingredients list. Which means it mostly contains a whole bunch of other random stuff and is not what you are really looking for.
Here goes Aunt Jackie's first 5 ingredients:
- Aminomethyl Propanol
Yuck! Flaxseeds are not listed anywhere. Now let's take a look at Eco Styler's "Flaxseed Gel".
Here goes Eco Styler's first 5 ingredients:
- Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil
- Linum usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Where's the Flaxseed at Eco Styler? 🤔
Why Are Brands Doing This?
Making real flaxseed gel is time consuming. It's easier for big brands to just throw in some ready made Flaxseed Oil or Flaxseed Protein powder. In addition to it being easier to make it's also less expensive.
There are only a couple of companies that sell real Flaxseed Gel online and they are currently not available in stores
- Curlmix and Reclaim Your Crown
- We've got them beat! Reclaim Your Crown's 100% REAL Flaxseed Gel is $14.99 and when you subscribe you can get our Flaxseed Gel for ONLY $12.99.
- We also put our lovely gel in a wide mouth 8oz jar that helps you to get every last drop of product.
- Our gel is thick and juicy for a better hold that will define all hair types: kinky and curly. We have women with type 3 hair and 4c hair that get gorgeously defined curls.
- For added moisture, shine, definition and frizz prevention we have 100% honey in our Flaxseed Gel.
- Shop with us risk free. If you are unhappy with your curls get a full refund for your product, just shoot us an email and we will refund your money.
Looking for pure flaxseed gel, you know the real stuff without all the extra junk? We are your source! Shop Our 100% REAL Flaxseed Gel today!