I have been wearing my hair natural since 2008 so along the way I have learned some tricks! I love wearing wash and go styles but I use to wake up to matted hair in particular the middle section of my head which also caused my hair to break.
My hair is mostly 4b type but the middle section is more tightly coiled almost like a 4c hair type. Overtime, I learned that I must either put my hair in very large twists or ponytails to prevent this from happening. Having a good night time routine is essential for healthy and beautiful curls.
Say goodbye to bad hair days and hello to beautiful, defined curls with our simple 3 step-by-step bedtime routine for wash and go hair. Whether you have waves, curls, or coils, this routine will help you achieve the perfect texture while you sleep.
Protecting your curls while you sleep
Now that you understand the basics, let's dive into the step-by-step bedtime routine for wash and go hair:
1. If you feel like your hair needs moisture lightly apply a leave-in conditioner or moisturizer to hydrate your curls. Focus on the ends of your hair where dryness is most common and this also repairs split ends.
2. Divide your hair into 4 large sections and put your hair into four large twists, braids or ponytails. Another option is to put your hair up into a very high ponytail or very low ponytail.
6. Put on a satin or silk bonnet or use a satin or silk pillowcase to protect your curls while you sleep. These materials reduce friction and help maintain moisture, preventing frizz and breakage.
Morning care for wash and go hair
Here's how you can refresh your curls in the morning:
1. Let the shower wake your hair up! Don't wear a bonnet or a shower cap. The key here is not to get your hair wet, but to let the steam from the shower give your hair some moisture.
2. You can give your hair a few shakes once you get out of the shower motion helps to get your curls going.
3. For more volume make sure your hair is completely dry and use a wide tooth comb and gently fluff your roots. That's it!
The importance of a bedtime routine for wash and go hair
Wash and go hair refers to a styling technique that allows you to enhance your natural curls without the need for excessive manipulation. It is a low-maintenance approach that aims to bring out the best in your hair's natural texture. This method is particularly popular among individuals with curly or textured hair, as it saves time and minimizes damage caused by heat styling.
It's tempting to just roll over and go to bed, but please don't forget about your curls at night. If you keep up with this easy routine you will have even more beautiful results in the morning, an easier time styling and better hair growth.